The ProSafe FS116P provides power and data from a single point, using Power over Ethernet (PoE) over a single Cat-5 cable. The sixteen Fast Ethernet ports can be used for any 10/100 Mbps link and eight of these ports can supply industry-standard IEEE 802.3af power. Advanced auto-sensing algorithm gives power only to 802.3af end devices, so no need to worry about damaging proprietary PoE or non-PoE equipment. In addition, it discontinues the power when PoE devices are disconnected. Easy and reliable, the ProSafe FS116P automatically determines PoE requirements, speed, duplex, and cable type using AutoUplink.
- Features 16 networking ports to easily establish a local network or expand your existing one
- Electrical power is transmitted along with data in a single cable to devices such as Access Points, IP cameras or IP phones
- Supports cost-efficient twisted pair cables for high-speed data transfer up to 100 meters
- Fast Ethernet technology gives ideal solution for extending network connections to conference rooms, labs, lobbies and department workgroups
- Layer 2 switch provides a complete lineup of features including IGMP snooping, port mirroring, and spanning tree
- Built-in power supply to ensure all components are being supplied with accurate voltage